oast your glass of milk to one of these! This is one of my Mom’s favorite cupcakes recipes of all times. “The only problem is”, she says, ” is that they are so very hard to find.” Well it was hard to find them until I started making them. Now she’s joining a gym – so I’d say I’m pretty good at making them.
Are you an OREO lover? Then try stuffing these your mouth with a glass of cold milk – your taste buds will thank you. What you’ll need is:
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) chocolate cake mix
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 24 Oreo Cookies or 48 Mini OREO Bite Size Cookies
- cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
Once you have all of your ingredients set out and ready to go:
HEAT oven to 350°F.
PREPARE cake batter as directed on package. Mix cream cheese, egg and sugar until well blended.
SPOON half the cake batter into 24 paper-lined muffin cups. Top each with about 1-1/2 tsp. cream cheese mixture and 1 cookie; cover with remaining cake batter.
BAKE 19 to 22 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 5 min.; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
FROST with COOL WHIP and top with remaining cookies or you can make a custom COOKIES & CREAM frosting. You’ll need:
3 cups powdered sugar
1 cup salted butter, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 to 2 Tablespoons whipping cream
12 Oreo (cream-filled sandwich cookies- chocolate or vanilla), crumbled finely
12 to 15 additional Oreo’s for garnish (optional)
1. In a large bowl, with a hand or stand mixer, cream together sugar and butter on low speed. Mix until well blended. Increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes.
2. Add vanilla and cream and continue to beat on medium speed for 1 minute more, adding more cream if needed for desired spreading/piping consistency. Add the cookie crumbles and mix just until combined.
3. Scoop into a piping bag with a wide tip and pipe decoratively onto cupcakes, or spread onto cupcakes as desired. Garnish with a whole Oreo cookie.
Yield: Frosting for 12 to 15 cupcakes
Prep Time: 10 min