So I’m a big fan of spicy food! I partially blame my boyfriend, I cook for him most of the time and he LOVES spicy food, so I guess it’s grown on me. My mom told me that when I was baby I loved eating salsa, but as I grew up and became a preteen, spicy food was, well too spicy for me, so I rarely ate it. Guess you never stray far from the true you cause I’m back on to the heat 🔥 With that being said, when I saw this recipe on Delish, I knew I had to try it! Since I’m pretty well versed in making cajun pasta (trust me, it’s a staple at my place), I went ahead and did my own thing, so I didn’t follow the recipe exactly. I’ll post the link to the original recipe here, and below I’ll let y’all know what I did personally.
- 12 oz. angel hair
- 1 lb. chicken sausage
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 1/3 c. shredded Cheddar
- 1 c. Spinach
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook angel hair according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, heat butter. Add garlic and seasonings of choice. Add sausage and cook until seared. Add Cajun seasoning and paprika and stir until combined. Heavy cream and let simmer until thickened, 5 minutes.
- Add Parmesan and cheddar and stir until melted and creamy, then add angel hair and toss until completely combined.
- Garnish with Parm and serve.
Ya’ll gone have to forgive me for not taking many pics! You have my promise, I’ll do better. Here is my finished product. I decided to add some spinach to mine because I love to sneak in greens whenever I can. As for the brussel sprouts I just pan fried them in olive oil and seasoned them. This was my first time using and cooking chicken sausage. I really liked the robust flavor and less saltiness as opposed to regular sausage. This is something I’ll definitely be cooking again. This recipe was a hit for dinner last night. Let me know if you try this as well and what variations you used, if any! Hope y’all are all eatin good, cause you know I am 😋